Monday 5 August 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation and Powder Review & First Impressions

I was super excited when I saw the stand for this foundation in my local Priceline store as I've been waiting for this foundation for what seems like months. Anyways I bought both the powder and the foundation because at the time I had a momentary lapse in sanity and felt that I needed both which I really didn't. 

 I bought the foundation in Ivory and the Powder in 010 Fair, both of which are the lightest shades in the range. Even though they are both the lightest of the bunch I honestly feel like they are slightly darker then they should be. If you are any paler then me these honestly wouldn't work for you as I feel like they would show up slightly orange or slightly too dark on your skin. Another thing I would like to add is that the powder is way darker then the foundation, and when I first put the two on together my friend questioned what was on my face, not because she liked my skin, but because I was pretty much wearing a cake mask not good.

The foundation on its own however is beautiful. It has a kind of dewy finish, it is by no means matte but leaves your skin with a subtle glow and dewiness that looks really healthy. I also would say that it has a light coverage but it is definitely build able which is what I've been doing to get the extra coverage I need on my cheeks. It is also super easy to blend on the skin and doesn't set in place for a while so you have time to blend it all in before it sets in place. I was a bit worried that throughout the day it would slip and slide off my face and become shiny but it really doesn't, in fact I prefer it once its been on the skin for a long period of time. I wore this foundation for over 10 hours yesterday and it had the same amount of coverage over time as it did when I first applied it which was very impressive.

The powder on the other hand is not my favourite powder that I have tried purely because it is way too dark for my skin, also its a little heavier then I like for my powders. I haven't tried this on my skin for a full day because its too dark and I look a tad silly, but I'm sure that if this matches your skin and if you like a heavier coverage powder then this would be fantastic for you.

Have you tried these and do you like them? Let me know!
Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment