Friday 10 May 2013

Lipstick Collection!

This may sound like a pretty random post but I love lipsticks. I also love seeing new lipsticks and testing them out. Here in Australia somehow we got the short end of the stick and have to pay ridiculously high prices for things that you can find cheaper online, however the swatches that some websites use are completely different to what you get in the lipstick bullet. I thought i'd do a post with full swatches of the lipsticks that I own so you guys can get a better idea of the colour of them! 

NYX

We'll start with the nyx ones because these are the lipsticks I have the most of. Why? Because they're super cheap thats why! Nyx lipsticks have a good colour payoff however some are much better then others. Like all Nyx products they can be very hit or miss but the ones I have (see below) are all pretty good
Left to right : 501 Iris, 504 Harmonica, 583 Haute Melon, 596 Expresso


Left to right: 617 Summer Love, 630 Pumpkin Pie, 631 Gem


  • Iris - An orangey nude with a golden sheen 
  • Harmonica - An incredibly light pink, looks a tad ridiculous on me because of how fair I am but on tanned skin it looks lovely
  • Haute Melon - A bright coral perfect for the summer!
  • Expresso - A gorgeous dark reddy brown which is amazing when going for a more sultry night time look
  • Summer Love - A pinky nude
  • Pumpkin Pie - My everyday nude lipstick
  • Gem - A bright pink with blue undertones 


Topshop

While I only have three of them, Topshop lipsticks are my favourite lipsticks that I own. Seeing as I had to choose these off a picture on their website topshop.com which doesn't give you the best representation of the colour I was extremely happy when they arrived. The quality is incredible 

 left to right: Charmed, Beguiled, Mischief

  • Charmed - A light orange colour that sort of looks like a nude but a tad oranger 
  • Beguiled - A Vampy reddish purple with a slight gold glitter
  • Mischief - My go to red lip! 

Randoms

The last few lipsticks I own are just a random bunch that don't fit into the other categories. As you may see I only own 1 M.A.C lipstick...(shock horror!) the reason for this? They're $36 dollars here in Australia and I don't know about you but when I can get something of the same quality such as the topshop or even the Rimmel lipsticks for cheaper I will always choose the cheaper alternative. The reason I bought this M.A.C lippy is because its the limited edition Rihanna for M.A.C Ri Ri Woo Matte lipstick and its beautiful!
 Left to right: Stila - Gemma, Amuse Matte Lipstick - Dolly Pink, MAC - RiRi Woo, Rimmel Kate Lipstick in number 11


  • Gemma - A browny nude with gold shimmer
  • Dolly Pink - A barbie pink which I use to make my nude colours more pink
  • RiRi Woo - Amazing matte red which I am currently obsessed with
  • Kate 11 - A dark burgundy which would complement all skin tones, this one is amazing and very high quality for the price!


Hope you enjoyed 
Elizabeth xx


No comments:

Post a Comment