Monday 6 May 2013

Music Roundup: April

I love discovering new music. Now while I am a self confessed music snob who will only listen to certain types of music I am up for suggestions. So here is what's been playing through my headphones, through my speakers and in my car the past month!

Bastille

I am currently OBSESSED with Bastille. I first heard their song Oblivion on the vampire diaries and immediately downloaded it, but I never got the entire album as I dont think it was out at the time. Well now its out and its amazing! It's a bit Bon Iver meets James Blake if they were a little more upbeat and happy. Favourites off this album are:
  • Oblivion
  • Pompeii
  • Get Home
  • These Streets

Imagine Dragons

Everyone and their mothers uncle has been listening to this album and there is a reason why. It is so darn good. Its one of those 'wake up in the morning and play this album' type of album as it is guaranteed to wake you up and put you in a good mood Go listen, you won't regret it. Faves off this one are
  • It's Time
  • On Top Of The World
  • Run For Cover
  • Every Night


Biffy Clyro

I. Love. Biffy. Clyro. I don't think i'll ever get enough of this band, I just love them so much and their latest album Opposites is so so good. If you like a bit of rock with a bit of indie alternative thrown in there then you'll like Biffy Clyro. My current faves off the album are:
  • Black Chandelier 
  • Opposites
  • Biblical 
  • The Thaw
  • Picture a Knife Fight.



The Neighbourhood

The neighbourhood is a new discovery for me this month, their sound is so unique and cool and i instantly fell in love with them. Also their song Sweater Weather has been playing as a YouTube add before videos which i am completely fine with. Definite faves off their album I Love You. are: 
  • Sweater Weather 
  • Afraid 
  • W.D.Y.W.F.M?




OneRepublic

OneRepublic released a new album this month and with them being one of my all time favourite bands it was an immediate purchase. Let me tell you right now that it does not disappoint! I love the entire album but the ones that stand out are:
  • If I Lose Myself
  • Burning Bridges
  • Something I Need
  • I Lived
  • Counting Stars



That is my monthly roundup for music! Hopefully I've given you some new music to listen to! Let me know if you have any music recommendations as i'm always up for new music

No comments:

Post a Comment