Saturday 29 June 2013

Music Roundup: June

It's been a massive month of music for me with some old favourites coming back into my monthly playlist and some new discoveries, so i'm just going to hop right into it!


Luke Sital-Singh


Lukes a new discovery for me this month, after hearing one of the songs on Beauty and the Beast (the tv show not the movie) I was hooked! His voice is so incredibly soothing and if your in the mood for a bit of a chill session check him out!


Faves off this one are; You Love, You Love, You Love and Fall For You




Miguel


Miguel is currently the love of my life okay i'm over exagerating, but seriously i'm slightly obsessed with the entire album every single song is amazing. Its like hip hop mixed with electric mixed with rnb mixed with soul. Basically its everything and its amazing go listen to him!


Favourites on this one are; Use Me, Kaleidoscope Dream, Don't Look Back, How Many Drinks?



Jacks Mannequin


Jacks Mannequin is an old fave of mine, and after listening to some pandora station Dark Blue came on and I literally screamed, it was like re living my whole high school life. Thats my favourite thing about music, how it can bring you back to a time in your life and have you re living memories so vividly. Anyways... 

Favourites from Jack's Mannequin are; Dark Blue, Made For Each Other (You Can Breathe), The Mixed Tape, Meet Me at my Window.




Fink


Fink might be one of those artists that has people loving or loathing his sound. I personally love it, something about men who sing with deep voices sucks me in Is that weird? I hope not... If you like Bon Iver i'm pretty sure you'll like Fink.

He's recently released a new album and I am so impressed with it.

Faves are; Warm Shadow, Yesterday Was Hard On All Of Us, Honesty



Jimmy Eat World

Jimmy Eat World HAVE A NEW ALBUM! I was freaking out when I found that out and i'm still freaking out now that I can listen to it. Another nostalgic one for my, Jimmy Eat World pretty much used to be my life, back when I listened to more punk/depressing music.

Favourites off this album are; Damage, I Will Steal You Back, Byebyelove




Greg Laswell


I've always loved Greg Laswells cover off Girls Just Want to Have Fun, but i've never really looked into his other music. Boy am I glad that I did. He has that sound that has me playing his album on repeat before I go to sleep, so soft and soothing but he also has some more upbeat songs that get me going in the mornings,  I just can't get enough. 


Faves off this album are; Come Back Down, Landline, Back To You



Kodaline


I'd heard a cover of All I want by Kodaline a while back and had had a slight obsession with it, I found the EP that was released featuring that song and then completely forgot to check if the album had come out. Now that its out I feel like a fool for not getting it sooner! Every song on this album makes me happy! Listen to it, It's a bit different but its good, trust me!


Faves are; All I Want, Pray, All Comes Down, All i Want (Everything Everything Remix)



The Cinema


I feel like I should include some more upbeat music in this mix seeing as all of it so far has been on the slower side (probably because its winter and cold). The cinema is great dance music without being like techno or house, its like Indie/Alternative/Dance music which is a combination that I love. If its Summer time wherever your from this album would be perfect for cruising around in the hot summer heat!


Faves are; The Wolf, Picasso, She's On My Arm Now, Say It Like You Mean It





Wowza, that was a lot of music, but its what i've been listening to this month. As always please leave your recommendations as I love new music!
Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment