Wednesday 26 June 2013

Product Warning! Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash

I'm not one for negativity because I feel like it gets you no where in life, however sometimes when something serious happens that could affect others, negativity is necessary. I also don't enjoy doing negative reviews on products because they work differently on everyone and might be perfect for someone else's skin but might not work for me.

Moving on to this product... Firstly I don't have acne prone skin, I've never had acne in my life but thought that it would work for my forehead and nose area (I was wrong). I'd been using the product for about a week and a half, it made my skin a little dry but was nothing that a little night moisturizer couldn't fix. I was using it in the shower one night and after scrubbing my forehead I did what you are supposed to do and rinsed it off...then all hell broke loose. One of little granules within the scrub went into my eye and I have never felt a pain like that in my life. It was like shampoo in my eye but worse, much much worse. I rinsed my eye out which only seemed to make things worse as the pain was so bad that my eye was in control of itself and decided that it was going to stay shut no matter what I wanted it to do. This little granule stayed in my eye for a little over 5 days, you read that correctly 5 DAYS! My eye was red and puffy for that entire time which is not a good look. I rinsed it at least twice a day with saline with no luck, that little grain was determined to stay in my eye!

After reading up on this product it seems that I am not the only person that has had this happen to them. This product has even chemically burned peoples eyes, which looking back on the situation could have very much happened to me, thankgod that it didn't!

Let this come as a warning, please be very careful when using any form of face scrub, never ever ever use it any where near the eye area even avoid the forehead area if you can incase the little scrubby bits fall into your eyes.

I will say that this is the only product out of all the neutrogena products i've ever tried that I can safely say I will never, in my entire life go near again as it was just too excruciating to even consider using again.

Nothing against the other products, this one has just scared me for life.

Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment