Saturday 22 June 2013

The Winter Edit

After seeing a video colab by Lily Pebbles and Anna from Vivianna does Makeup I felt inspired to do something similar. It is officially winter here in Australia and I loved the idea of a summer edit so I thought I'd do a winter version for all those suffering through the chilly months!

Skincare

Left to Right: Say it with Scent green tea hand and body lotion, Nivea lip care Sun, Nivea lip butter caramel cream, Korres lip butter Jasmine
When it comes to skincare for winter theres a basic theme...moisture! Something about the cold air plays havoc with my skin during the colder months which means I need to keep up with the moisturizer or otherwise things could turn disastrous.
Hand cream for me is a huge must in the winter as my hands tend to just shrivel up from a lack of moisture which is not a good look on anyone!
Lip Balm! Same goes for lipbalm my lips just dry out so a good lipbalm tends to be on me somewhere at every point of the day! I don't have a specific lip balm as any will do!

Makeup

Left to Right: Lime crime Centrifushia, Topshop Mischief, RiRi Woo, Topshop Beguiled

When it comes to makeup in winter I tend to go for the darker shades of everything including lips, something I feel you can only get away with in the winter months. Rocking a deep burgundy lip in the summer is bound to receive some negative attention but in winter its completely acceptable. Dark reds and pinks are also on top of my lipstick lists in winter, they just look so glamorous and add a bit of chic to any outfit.

Nail Polish

Left to Right, OPI Dating a Royal, Mecca Miranda, Mecca Thaisa, OPI Malaga Wine, Covergirl Wine to Five, OPI Black Onyx

I steer clear of the pastels in winter, something feels a little wrong applying a lavender shade to my nails. Instead I opt for a wine colour, a deep purple a navy or even a black. The darker the better when it comes to nails in my opinion however nothing can beat a classic red!

Food


Arkadia Chai Tea in Vanilla
Nothing beats a hot beverage during those cold winter nights. My favourite drink of the moment is this Vanilla Chai latte. I've always been obsessed with Chai but this one beats every other version that i've tasted. If your a fan of the stuff I'd highly recommend it!

Clothing 


 Glassons Cutout Boots (No Longer available), Betts Cutout Boots, Lipstick Cutout Boots


Boots are an essential part of my winter wardrobe. Nothing beats being able to slip your cold little toes into a pair of thick socks then straight into a comfy pair of boots. This season has been all about the cutout boots, and while they might not be the most practical of shoes (especially in a torrential downpour)  there is something about the look of them that has enticed me into purchasing some...or three (sorry i'm not sorry)


Both beanies are from asos and are no longer available

Beanies are another major part of my winter ensembles. My head tends to get cold and stay cold and there is nothing more comforting then slipping on of these over the ears! They also work wonders for days when you can't be bothered washing your hair, just slip one on and no one will know...it'll be our little secret I promise.

Lifestyle

A major part of my winter here in Australia is the AFL or the Footy as we call it. For those who don't know what it is i'm not even going to bother explaining it as it is way to complicated, google it if your really that keen. Being at the footy all rugged up is one of my favourite things to do, the atmosphere is incredible and its something that you should experience if you've never been to a match or if your visiting Australia!


Left to Right; Skins Complete series 1&2, Misfits Series One Two & Three

I'm also adding DVD's into this category as there is nothing quite like a movie night in with your girls eating chocolate... drinking chocolate...just having chocolate in general, you see where this is going.

There is my winter edit! Hope you enjoyed
Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment