Thursday 11 July 2013

Rimmel APOCALIPS Lip Lacquers Review & Swatches

After seeing these lip lacquers floating around the British beauty blogs for months and not being able to get them anywhere, (as they were not released in Australia yet) I am so excited to finally have gotten my hands on some of them!

I found mine in Priceline for $7.49 each which I thought was a pretty good price, however after going back to buy more I found that the price had increased to $15.90...they had doubled in price. Fuming I took one to the counter to ask what had happened and the lady kindly informed me that when I had first purchased them they were at an introductory price and had since increased to the final sale price....I had no idea what any of that meant so I didn't purchase any more.

I would like to say that these are incredible. Out of the four colours that I got Nude Eclipse, Nova, Apocaliptic and Stellar not one has a better colour pay off then the other or has a longer lasting power. Every single one has incredible pigmentation, even the nude one of the bunch is amazing. I will say that they have a strange smell, its not offensive in anyway but it's definitely not a product that has me sniffing the applicator because I love it so much.

Nude Eclipse

Nude Eclipse is a neutral true nude colour. It leans more on the orange side of the nudes but its not noticeable, it definitely doesn't look orangey when its on the lips! I find it slightly too dark for my skin tone however if I mix in a little bit of concealer it lightens up enough to be the perfect nude for my lips.


Nova

Nova is a darkish rosy colour. Its probably my least favourite of the bunch purely because I thought it would be a much lighter pink then it is, this doesn't mean that its not a gorgeous colour because it really is. Its muted enough that if you sheer it out and blend it in with your finger would look amazing as an every day colour.


Apocaliptic

Apocaliptic is a bright magenta colour which is so vibrant and yet is so perfect for wearing during the day. Its one of my favourites of the four that I chose as the colour is just so gorgeous, it might be a little too pinky for my skin tone as it brings out the redness in my cheeks however thats nothing a little extra foundation on my red patches can't fix.

  


Stellar

Stellar is a bright darker shade of coral (if that makes sense) it is definitely the stand out of the bunch as I prefer the more orange/red toned lip products to pinks and nudes. It is so bright and literally livens up your face. I also found that it made my teeth look whiter which is always a plus!



Overall these lacquers are amazing when it comes to pigmentation, like literally one dip into the tube and thats all you'd need to coat your entire lips. The one thing that bugs me though is the formulation, they never dry or set and I mean never... They stay wet on the lips which for something so coloured can be a bit of an issue if you don't like to reapply your lip products throughout the day. I've found that the best way to combat this is to apply them then just blot, this way any excess liquidy product comes right off and you wont have to worry about them smearing all over your face!

No comments:

Post a Comment