Saturday 24 August 2013

August Beauty Haul

After doing my daily Priceline website check I saw that Maybelline was 50% off...and when you see 50% off anything you buy it, anything above 40% off anything is a great deal so I couldn't pass this up. Also by some law of online shopping I bought a whole bunch of other stuff as well.

For the Skin

Left to Right: Formula 10.0.06 So Totally Clean, Garnier Youthful Radiance Night

I needed a new cleanser and toner and I love the Formula 10.0.06 brand so I picked this one up , its really refreshing and works well. I also re purchased my Garnier night cream because I ran out of my other one.

For The Nails

Left to right: Maybelline Color Show Nail Polishes in 310 Iced Queen, 150 Born With It, 230 Fierce N Tangy

For The Face

I bought these nail polishes purely because I wanted to try Maybelline nail polishes and they were only around 2$ each a total bargain.  I haven't tried any of them yet but I'll do a full of review them soon!
Left to Right: Maybelline Fit Me Blush in Medium Pink, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Erase Dark Circles, Essence Silky Touch Blush in Baby Doll, Maybelline Lip Liner in Red

I've decided that I need to bite the bullet and start using blushes, I've been scared of them for so long but these were both under $5 so I figure even if I don't like them it's no great loss. One thing I will say about these is that the Maybelline one sucks, literally sucks. It has no pigmentation and leaves a weird glitter on the skin. The essence one however which was only $2 is amazing, it has great colour pay off and looks great on the skin. The other two items are just boring re purchases, another under eye concealer and a red lip pencil.

For the Eyes

Top to Bottom: Models Prefer Brow Fixer, Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Tough as Tope, Models Prefer Shadow Pencil in Down to Earth, Maybelline Eye Studio in Copper Chic

I was in need of a clear brow gel and figured I'd grab the cheapest one I could find, I also got another color tattoo in the taupe colour, I love the bronze one and figured I could add another to my collection. The eye shadow pencil is also great its similar to the Nyx jumbo pencil except with a bit more sparkle. I also grabbed an eye shadow quad for reasons which I still don't know, and I regret it. While the colours are great and have great colour pay off they just have way too much shimmer in them for me.

That's my beauty haul for August, I might try and do these monthly if I buy stuff each month!
Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment