Wednesday 30 October 2013

October Roundup


I know its a common thing to say but seriously October has flown by, it still feels like June in my head!
Anyway the fact that October is almost over means two of my favourite things, CHRISTMAS is coming and it also means that my 21st birthday is on the horizon.

Enough of my rambles here are the products and other random things that I've been loving for the very quick month of October.

Makeup + Beauty Bits

Big Sexy Hair Spray

I had a major issue with a previous hairspray that I bought, and that was that it didn't work at all the spray nosel wasn't spraying any product out and then the place that I purchased it from wouldn't accept it back, anyway point of the story was that I needed a new hairspray. I'd seen Americans and even British people talk about the Big Sexy Hair hair spray but never even realised that you could buy it in Australia, so when I saw it I just bought it without hesitation. If your looking for a strong hold hair spray that will set your hair in place all day and night leaving it rock solid without any movement this is not the hair spray for you. This one has pretty much no hold in my hair but works really well for adding volume tonight and having just enough hold in it to allow my curls to fall into soft waves. I love this stuff and would definitely recommend it if your looking for something to hold a beachy wave in your hair!


Max Factor Colour Elixir in Vibrant Pink

Summer is near and that means bright lip colours. This one from Max Factor is one of the brightest that I own and seeing as it is called Vibrant Pink I would expect no different! This lip colour lasts pretty much all day and it fades so nicely unlike other lip colours that flake away leaving you with dry lips this one just melts into your lips like a balm, plus the colour pay off is amazing.



Loreal Lumi Magique Foundation

This month I have kind of gone fake tan crazy even venturing out to the ones that you apply on your face, and this has meant that all my Ivory and Porcelline foundations match my skin in no way. I've had this Loreal foundation in a shade that is much too dark for me normally lying around my makeup draw for the longest time. The reason I bought it so dark was so that I could mix it with my lighter foundations if I ever got tanned, and now that I have a tan I do just so! I mix one pump of this into whatever other foundation I feel like using and mix away until I get a colour that matches my fake tanned skin. This foundation is beautiful, it leaves me feeling and looking radiant and not in a glittery way. It has a soft glow that just looks so healthy and I'm really considering buying it in a shade that actually matches my natural skin because I love it so much!

Pink and White Polish

If you know me or have read any of my nail post you know that I have a deep appreciation for a french manicure, and this has to be one of my new favourite combinations. Its an opaque pink polish which I apply first as a base to my nails, you have to let it dry completely otherwise the nail sticker will just peel it off completely. Then I place the little manicure stickers along the tops of my nails and paint on the white, a quick swipe of top coat and some Dry & Go drips and I have a really cute manicure that looks so pretty on the nails!


Fashion

Tees and Necklaces

I'm a really simply dresser, I wear a lot of plain tees over black jeans and a simple jacket with a chunky shoe of some description. However, recently I have been adding chunky necklaces to my plain tees to add a little bit of spice to an outfit, they just dress you up a little and turn a plain outfit into something a little more special

Random Things

Fish Eye Lens

I bought this little guy off ebay for around $10 dollars and it is the cutest little lens I've ever seen. It allows you to take Fish Eye photos and even wide angle shots. It's probably the most unnecessary thing I've ever bought but its a little bit of fun and thats never hurt anyone ;)



Reign + The Carrie Diaries

A new show started this month called Reign and at first I was like "boooooring another TV series about some old queen in the olden days" and boy was I mistaken. The cast is all pretty much young adults, there is love there is scandal there is scary stuff and there is beautiful clothes and jewelry which is pretty much everything that I love in a show ALSO its on the CW so if that doesn't give you some idea as to what its like then I dont know how else to describe it. 
The Carrie Diaries also returned this month with the first episode of season two having just aired and it did not disappoint, if you haven't seen season one then I would highly recommend that you watch it!

That was my October roundup! Hope you enjoyed
Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment