Monday 7 October 2013

September Roundup

I know its a bit late but I'm just going to jump into my slightly delayed September favourites!
So here we go...

 Makeup 

 I've been living in this bright red polish from covergirl this month, its the perfect summery red as it is not too vampy or dark but is a bright fire engine red. This colour is Always Reddy by Covergirl I've already done a full review of these polishes so feel free to check that out!








I've been wearing a new base this month, and it's a mix of two of my favourite foundations, the Rimmel Match Perfection and the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation. Seperatley these don't quiet match my skin and are either a little too matte or a little to dewy but when combined they are the perfect shade and perfect finish for my skin. Not too heavy and not too light these are just my go to base of the moment.



My fragrance for the month has been Honey Dot by Marc Jacobs, when I smelt the original Dot I liked it but I wasn't the biggest fan, when I heard that there was a Honey edition being released I was really excited, and I was not disappointed. This fragrance is such a warm smelling scent, its also quiet fresh and fruity, definitely nice for the summer time, its not overly sweet which is nice as I tend to get headaches from strong perfumes. You can see I've already used a little bit of this and I've only had it for a short while!



Its time to pack away the vampy red lips as Summer here in Australia is approaching, and my all time favourite red lip for the summer time is this one by Topshop! Its similar to the nail polish in that its a bright red. Topshops lipstick in Mischief is just one that I break out whenever I'm feeling a bit dull as it brightens up my entire face it even makes my teeth look whiter which is always a plus!



For some annoying reason my left eye has been really watery for the past few days. I didn't want to completely stop wearing mascara even though I should have because I've been going out a lot and feel like I need a little something on my lashes. I was going to wear waterproof mascara instead but find that it irritates my eyes even more so to fix this problem I've been layering my normal mascara with a waterproof one over the top. This makes much easier to remove but still means that it wont smudge around your face!


The whole brow craze has really swept me up into it and I am now obsessed with doing my brows, I've always filled them in slightly before but never really had a routine as such. This brow pencil from Mac in Fling has literally changed my life not really... but it is amazing it matches my brow hair perfectly and really defines my brows and my whole eye area. Once I've filled them in I use this Models Prefer Brow Fixer which is basically just a clear mascara which sets them in place so they don't move!

Fashion


These glasses which I got from Asos are a definite fave this month as I have been wearing them non stop, I love how the gold hardware looks against blonde hair and how they look on my face. They also work really well as a sunglass headband if you know what I mean!






I have been living in these rings for the entire month, the three on the left are from Pandora and stack together really beautifully. The one with the little turquoise stone is my birth stone ring and the other two are just silver decorative bands that site either side of it. The ring on the right with the large turquoise  stone was a gift from my brother which he brought back for me from Greece. I adore this ring and wear it all the time, its a timeless piece that I think I'll be wearing for a while.


So that is my slightly delayed September favourites! Hope you enjoyed
Elizabeth xx


No comments:

Post a Comment