Wednesday 30 April 2014

April Roundup


I still feel like its March, even when I went to type the title of this post I wrote March Roundup, looked at it for a while trying to figure out what was wrong and then finally realised we are not in fact in March but well and truly through April. It has seriously just flown by! Enough about how I can't keep track of months and onto my favourites.


Mac Sable


Sable is a new purchase for me. Its a medium warm brown with a subtle sheen to it, its not shimmery or glittery which I love its more a frost finish. I've been using this on a tapered blending brush along the lash line as a sort of smudged out liner. Its super pretty and super creamy which is another plus for this shadow. If your just starting out with Mac eyeshadows, sable is one that looks great on its own all over the lid or blended in the outter corner over a lighter shade or as a liner, its pretty much an all purpose shadow which I love!

Eco Tools Brushes



I don't think I've mentioned this before but I'm actually starting a makeup degree in August. I've been doing my close friends makeup before we go out of for occasions for years but recently I've been having people from work or friends of friends asking me if I could do their makeup! On my friends, I just use my own brushes that I just spot clean, purely because we share everything anyway and I didn't even really think about it. When it came to doing peoples makeup that I didn't really know I felt like I needed to invest in a few brushes I'll be buying an entire new brush roll for the degree so theres no point getting too many now that I could use on other people (and properly wash and clean between uses) until I get my new set. The Eco Tools brushes are ones that I'd heard heaps of great things about, plus they were 25% off when I went to purchase them. These brushes are amazing, so much so that I repurchased the ones I bought to use on others so I could have some for myself. They are so soft and work so well at blending colours on the lid. I'm super impressed with these and considering the price tag I feel like they are a complete bargain.

YSL - Forbidden Burgundy 



The weather is slowly starting to get colder which means I'm breaking out the bold lip colours again. However I'm not going full on dark yet as its probably not wintery enough for full blown deep plum lips. The YSL lipstick in Forbidden Burgundy is a perfect example of how a really dark lip colour can be used by just dabbing it onto the lips and not applying it as you usually would. When applied lightly its a gorgeous sheer burgundy colour, adding slight colour to the lips and being super wearable for the day time. This lip colour is an all around favourite for me when applied in any way its just so creamy and moisturising. 

Watch - The Horse



I got a new watch this month don't worry I'm not neglecting my Marc Jacobs one. This new addition is more manly and much larger then any watch I've owned, ever since seeing Claire Marshall or Hey Claire on youtube wear an oversize watch I've been lusting after one. I wanted something that wasn't chunky around the wrist but had a large face instead and when I saw this beauty from The Horse last month I knew I had to have it. It looks so nice with chunky knits or simply with a plain white tshirt as a bold accessory. I'm in love!


No comments:

Post a Comment