Thursday 24 April 2014

La Roche - Posay Melt - In BB Cream Review & Photos

BB Creams arn't the newest of products but I feel like there are so many not so great ones on the market, which makes me keen to try as many as possible until I find a good one. The concept of a BB cream is one that I tend to gravitate towards, they're supposed to even the skin, moisturise and also hide pigmentation. Previous ones that I've tried just leave a sticky orange film over my entire face, not pleasant whatsoever. 


La Roche - Posay is a brand that I adore. While it might be on the slightly more expensive side, their products are the epitome of no fuss and no irritation while still being able to maintain that luxurious feeling. When I saw that they were bringing out their own version of the BB cream I picked it up with no hesitation.

On the box it says that it covers blemishes, fine lines, brown spots while hydrating the skin. Like most of their products this BB is fragrance free, paraben free, non comodogenic and hypoallergenic, which is lovely to hear for a product that I'm hoping to be using on my skin every day.
The consistency of this BB cream is quiet light, but still feels like your applying something a little heavier then just a moisturiser. Coverage wise it really does even the skin tone and leave you with a pretty flawless base. It doesn't however cover blemishes that well, while it remove redness from blemishes they are still pretty noticeable which was something that I was expecting. However this doesn't bother me at all because popping a bit of concelear on top is no issue for me.

BB Cream on its own


These are photos of the BB cream on my skin with no powder or any other makeup on my skin. As you can see its a really great match for my skin tone which is a first as BB creams never ever ever match my skin. I thought it was going to be slightly too dark for my but after applying it to the skin it blends in beautifully.



Like all BB creams that I've tried it doesn't really "dry" instead it left my skin with a dewy finish, but not in a bad way. Instead of being shiny on the skin it just looks really glowy and healthy on the skin.

BB Cream with the rest of my makeup

 As a base product it works really well. I just applied a bit of powder over the top just to remove a bit of the shine purely because I'm not a fan of a really dewy skin. I also chucked on some bronzer and blush just to finish off my face and I have to say I really like it.

It works really well as a "no makeup makeup" look as you can barely see it on the skin. It just enhances the skin and makes it look really healthy and glowy.

 Overall I really like this BB cream, it doesn't have the greatest coverage but for me it has enough!




No comments:

Post a Comment