Wednesday 11 June 2014

A Kylie Jenner Lip Tutorial


I have a weird obsession with Kylie Jenner. Even though she is a few years younger then me I just really appreciate her sense of style and her makeup looks. This post is going to be on how to get her signature lip look.





It's a pretty simple matte nude lip, however Kylie over draws her lips to make them look fuller that's the power of makeup! To achieve this look I will be using Macs Whirl lip liner. The reason for this is because it appears to be the one that Kylie uses, however because there are usually filters on her photos its kind of hard to tell.


To begin with I make sure my lips are well exfoliated, matte lips do no work well on un even and rough lips so make sure they are soft and smooth! I then put a few dabs of this Innoxa gloss on my lips. Because the pencil is so matte it can be a little hard to work with, this just ensures that the product goes on smoothly.

I then begin with the top arches of my lips, its the easiest place to start and means that I can get a fuller looking lip. I just draw a cross accross my lip it makes it easier then trying to get a perfect outline.




I then draw in my bottom lip starting from the middle and working out.




I then draw on the sides of my top lip, going slightly outside the line to again add fullness.


Finally I fill in my lips lightly with the pencil.


It can look kind of dark at this point so I just use a clean finger and rub the product into my lip to take away some of the colour.


I then put some more of that gloss over the whole thing to make sure that the colour is how I want it.
Finally I just blot my lips to remove the shine from the gloss because Kylie's lip is typically a matte one!!




And voila we have Kylie Jenner lips!


No comments:

Post a Comment