Monday 1 September 2014

August Favourites

This month has been a stressful one for me and for my skin! On top of that its been a seriously busy month so I've been sticking to the products that are easy and quick and that I know will work for me and wont let me down. So onto the good ol' faithfuls that I have been loving this month!



Lorac Pro Palette



I only got this palette this month but I have not used anything else since I bought it. It has 16 shades in it all of which are completely wearable. I've been sticking to the champagne colour all over the lid and then the mauve colour in the crease. It's quick and simple and a combo that I can but on when I'm half asleep and not paying attention to what I'm doing something that I have been doing quiet a lot

The Body Shops Calming Camomile Cleansing Oil



Doing a makeup artistry course means that I'm having a lot of random new products applied to my face on a daily basis. This has been seriously effecting my previously clear skin. I've been getting weird bumps on my face not like pimples but like raised bumps that last about a day and then vanish over night. Using makeup removing wipes or even a cotton pad soaked in micellar water just doesn't cut it when I need to cleanse my skin. I need a heavy duty remover that can just go over everything and just melt it away. The cleansing oil really does that for me, it just removes everything from my face with little effort leaving it clean and makeup free. 

Laura Mercier Primer



I got a sample of this product this month and have been loving it. Unlike the Benefit Porefessional primer which gives your skin a completely new texture and can sometimes feel like its clogging up your pores a little bit this one from Laura Mercier feel almost like a moisturiser on the skin. It's light and doesn't feel like its sinking into your pores and clogging them up. For the long days I've been having I can seriously rely on this to keep my face in place all day. 

Elf Eye Lash Curler



I don't know what I was doing before this month but I wasn't doing something right thats for sure. I have relatively long eye lashes or so people keep telling me but they are really blonde on the ends so mascara is kind of necessary to fill in those ends and make them look fuller. But just because they are long doesn't mean they are curled, something I just assumed they were. I've had this little device sitting in my makeup draws since forever and only just started using it again and let me tell you the difference it makes is huge. My lashes look even longer and even flutterier is that even a word? probably not then before. I'm kicking myself for not cracking it out sooner!

L'Oreal Nude Magique Blur Cream


This product is a bit of a strange one. It has the consistency of Benefits Porefessional, as in when it goes onto the skin it just smoothes everything out. But what makes this different is that it has the slightest hint of coverage to it. I have mine in light to medium which for any heavier coverage product would be way way to day for me but this blends in perfectly as it is so sheer. Doing my makeup artist course means that there is not point applying makeup before I go to class as I'll just end up having to take it off anyway so this has been great at just evening out my skin tone and making me feel a little less naked on the face. It also works really well as a primer and as a base under even just a powder as it just evens everything out.

Thats all I have to share this month sorry for the lack of products I just haven't had time to use anything else! Next month I should have a heap of new items as I have bought so much stuff in the last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment