Wednesday 3 September 2014

Ben Nye's Neutral Set Translucent Powder Review



I was introduced to this product through my makeup course I need to stop talking about this course I know I know! and its one that I've never heard about before. I'd heard about the banana powder which I also purchased but not the neutral set. It's basically a huge tub of loose translucent powder and when I say huge I mean huge, you get 8 ounces of this stuff which will last you a seriously long time.



It is one of the best setting powders that I have ever used, not only does it set your creams to a complete matte finish but it is also completely translucent. There is no subtle hint of white powder on the skin once applied and I have used this on really dark skin tones all the way to my skin which is pale as pale can be.

The thing that I love most about this powder is that it is sweat proof and almost water resistant. I wore this to a sporting match on the weekend and sat in direct sunlight for over 2 hours with adequate spf of course, plus I wore it over a really dewy finish bb cream the la roche posay bb cream thingy! and the sweat didn't affect my makeup whatsoever. No sweaty upper lip could ruin my makeup that day and I was seriously impressed! Another thing that I loved was that I didn't even feel the sweat sorry if this is TMI but it's helpful to know! on my face at all. It was almost as if the powder was absorbing it all in a way without wiping any of the makeup underneath off.



There are only a few downsides to this powder that I've noticed. No. 1 is the smell,  it does smell a bit old lady and very powdery so just try and keep it away from your nose. No. 2 is that it is really hard to control the amount of product that you get on your brush because it is basically just in a tub and you dunk your brush in the massive amount of powder. I find swishing it around in the lid allows me to rid the brush of excess products without wasting it all.

One thing I will say is that this powder contains talc, which is an ingredient that people may be trying to avoid as it can clog pores and is "bad for your skin". I however use this powder over a moisturiser, primer, foundation and concealer so it is not directly in contact with my bare skin. I also cleanse my face every night with a pore refining cleanser and a mild exfoliant to ensure that my pores remained as clog free as possible. As long as you are not leaving it on your skin over night and not properly removing it I think it should be fine but thats just my opinion!

Overall I love this powder and I am so happy that I was introduced to it because it knocks all the others out of my beauty routine!



No comments:

Post a Comment