Sunday 21 September 2014

Setting Sprays: Nyx, MAC, The Body Shop & ELF

Setting sprays are a must in my makeup routine, purely because I hate a powdery finish on my face. I know that the obvious choice would be to simply not powder but whenever I'm wearing makeup it usually has to last more then 6 hours and without powder that just aint going to happen, so thats where the setting spray comes in!  I've used these 4 sprays so far see image below and I have 2 that I love, 1 that I really don't and another that that sits somewhere in the middle.



The Body Shop Vitamin C Energising Face Spritz


This is my 'in the middle' spray. It is amazing at refreshing the skin and making it feel hydrated again after a long day of wearing makeup, plus it smells amazingggg like seriously amazing. The only thing with this one is that it doesn't make your makeup last any longer and thats because it't not really a setting spray. Yes, it says that it can be used over makeup but it doesn't claim to make it last any longer. I use this on my skin before I apply my makeup to refresh my skin and then I use it over if I'm having a quick day in my makeup or I just want to freshen up throughout the day.

The Details:
Positives: Keeps makeup looking fresh
Negative: Doesn't make your makeup last longer

MAC Fix +


This is my favourite out of the whole bunch. Mac Fix + is amazing at setting your makeup and getting rid of the whole powdery finish on the skin, it literally makes your skin look just like skin even with makeup on. It also smells really fresh and really calming which is another thing I love about it. As far as making your makeup last it isn't the be all and end all of products but it does make a difference. Another thing that some people might not like is that it adds a real dewiness to the skin which I adore but if you have oily skin you might want to give this one a miss.

The Details:
Positives: Makes skin look amazing
Negatives: Doesn't have incredible longevity can make you little really dewy

Elf Mist & Set


This is my least favourite of the bunch, it has a really strange smell that I just can't get past, and when you're spraying it on your face it really isnt nice. It also doesn't make your makeup last any longer at all and it doesn't get rid of the powdery feeling.

The Details:
Positives: Its really cheap so if you're looking for a cheaper option this one is for you
Negatives: Unpleasant smell, doesn't have longevity

NYX Dewy Finish Long Lasting Setting Spray


This setting spray is the best out of the bunch for keeping your makeup on all day and I have tested this out many times on nights out. I don't know how but it is like a shield over your face that stops your makeup from budging. It also makes your skin look fresh and glowy, they also have the matte version which I haven't tried but apparently its just as good. The only downside to this is that every spray I've had is different, sometimes the packaging can be a bit off which sucks because it can spray out way too much product at one time. 

The Details
Positives: Makeup lasts all day
Negatives: Dodgy spray function

No comments:

Post a Comment