Friday 19 April 2013

Everyday Makeup


I try to keep things pretty simple when it comes to my everyday makeup routine. Minimal products and minimal effort means more of a sleep in for me, which is always a win. I store my everyday makeup in this Dior denim makeup bag which I’ve had for years, its filthy and covered in nail polish but it does the job!

Face. 

As far as my base goes I tend to neglect primer on an everyday basis purely because I don’t own any and only have samples, so I try and save them for nights out where makeup lasting on my skin is a priority. For an everyday look I keep things to a minimum with a light foundation, minimal concelaer under my eyes, cream blush, light bronzer and a dusting of translucent powder to set things in place. While this may seem like a lot of products I am very light handed in the ways that I apply them and never go overboard with them. I've also added my highlighting powder in their but i dont tend to highlight my face on an everyday basis, only if my skin is looking a little dull!
products from left to right: elf powder brush, topshop cream blush in morning dew, elf complexion brush, natio translucent loose powder, bourjois healthy mix concealer in 51 light radiance, elf kabooki, bourjois healthy mix serum in 52 vamilla, benefit boxed powder in thrrrob, benefit boxed powder in hoola

How I Apply It:

  1. Apply 1 pump of borjois foundation to finger and apply small dots all over face, blend this out with elf powder brush, really buffing into skin
  2. Using the applicator, apply concealer to dark under eye circles and pat out with ring finger
  3. Using finger apply small amount of cream blush to apples of cheeks and blend towards temples
  4. Using kabooki brush dust small amount of translucent powder all over face
  5. Using complexion brush lightly contour cheekbones with Hoola powder 
  6. If necessary use same brush and highlight cheekbones and nose

The Eyes.

Eye makeup is my favourite part of doing my makeup every day. I tend to be more adventurous with my eye choices then anything skin related. However on a day to day basis I have a go to look that I know is complementary on my eyes and doesn’t look too “done up” for day time.





products left to right: sinful colours brush, bourjois beauty full volume mascara, mac shadow in all that glitters, mac shadow in naked lunch, maybelline eye studio gel liner in blackest black, mac paint pot in bare study, nyx eyebrow cake powder in brunette.

How I Apply It: 

  1. Prime lids with paint pot, using finger to dab all over the lid
  2. Using fluffly brush apply naked lunch shadow all over the lid up to the crease
  3. Using same brush apply all that glitters shadow in the outer corner and through the crease for definition 
  4. Using small eyeliner brush (that came with the kit) apply slight cat eye with gel liner
  5. Apply lashings of mascara to top and bottom lashes
  6. Using the brow kit slightly define brows and comb through with supplied brushes.


So there you have my everyday face! Sounds more complicated then it really is but I guarantee that i have this look down pat and can pretty much do it in 10 minutes tops! Let me know the products you use on an everyday basis in the comments!
Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment