Friday 31 May 2013

Monthly Roundup: May

I actually cannot believe that we are in June! May has literally flown by and along with it have a tonne of new products that i've discovered and loved.
So here is my monthly roundup for May! (Warning! There are a lot of lip products this month...I have an obsession...lets move on)

Beauty

YSL Sheer Candy in number 8

This month I got treated myself to having my make-up done for a 21st birthday that I was going to, the total cost of the makeup was redeemable in products (which was incredibly exciting) . As one of my items I chose a YSL sheer candy in a purply colour which is number 8. These are incredible..the formula is so smooth on the lips giving a subtle wash of colour teamed with a yummy scent this lipstick has kept me hooked all month

Mac Lipstick in Ri Ri Woo

I purchased the limited edition Ri Ri Woo (yes it bares the same name as Macs Ruby Woo) lipstick this month and at first I was a little disappointed with the formula as it is super matte, like so matte that it tends to find the dry patches on your lips and stick to them, not pretty. However after scrubbing my lips thoroughly and applying it over a balm I realised that I love it too much to even worry about the finish.

Korres Lip Butters

These lip butters have been my life over the past month. I have one in Jasmine which is a gorgeous natural light pink and another in Pomegranate a deep pink shade. My definite favourite out of the two is the Jasmine one as the colour is the perfect nude shade for my lips. With the colour and the scent and the fact that it is so moisturizing I would definitely recommend picking one of these up if your a lip junkie like myself.  

Lime Crime Lipstick in Centrifuschia 

I have never been as scared of a product as I am of the Lime Crime lipsticks. However I have heard such good things about them so I faced my fears and picked up a shade that I felt wasn't too out there. Centrifuschia is a darkish pink with a purply undertone and its safe to say that the second I applied it I was hooked. These lipsticks are so pigmented and so creamy on the lips, they are just stunning. I would highly recommend them! and who knows I might even get a crazy colour next time...

Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips

There is something so satisfying about applying these strips and then peeling them off your nose taking out all the gunk that has accumulated there. Sounds gross but trust me...you'll love it. Make sure you take them off though otherwise we could have a Princess Diaries moment on our hands...and no one wants that.

Rimmel Match Perfect Foundation

I ran out of my Healthy Mix Serum foundation this month and decided that I would branch out and try something new, and boy am I glad that I did. This foundation matches my skin perfectly, has a light coverage but is definitely build able. If your looking for a heavier coverage I wouldn't recommend this one or even if you have an oiler skin as it tends to sit very shiny on the skin. For me (I have normal skin) this is perfect and with a bit of powder over the top it looks just like skin, which after all is what we want isn't it?

Sally Hansen Pacific Blue

Except for the days when i'm working and I have to have clean nails (which is really quite sad) this polish has not left my fingers all month. Every time I go to paint my nails this one just seems to magically appear in my hand and before I know it my nails are painted a perfect shade of oceanic blue. 

Fashion

Watches

I feel naked if I leave the house without a watch, which has led me to acquire quite the collection of them. The two I have been reaching for this month are my Michael Kors Runway Watch in white and rose gold and my River Island Rose Gold Watch. 

Big Scarves

It is officially winter here in Australia and for Melbourne that means it is time to bring out all the winter accessories. I am scarf obsessed and when it comes to scarves the bigger the better I say and this scarf from Sportsgirl is huge. You'll have trouble being cold in this one as it is practically a blanket, which is perfection on those cold winter days.

Spiked Headbands

I've been seeing these headbands on ASOS for a while now but never wanted to fork out the ridiculous amount that they were charging for them when I could probably make them myself, so what do I do when I dont want to pay full price? I hit up eBay of course! These were $1.69 each...you read that correctly! At $1.69 each you can afford to get two which is exactly what I did! They just add an edginess to any outfit and look great with a messy top knot!



Hope you enjoyed 
Elizabeth xx








No comments:

Post a Comment