Friday 14 June 2013

Skincare for Beginners!

I'm going to confess something here...I'm terrible with my skincare, and I mean terrible. For some reason I'm still 15 years old in my head and only applying moisturizer to my legs under fake tan, when in reality I'm 20 and need to start thinking about taking care of the skin all over my body not just my legs! So I'm easing into it...
None of these products are super fancy or super expensive all of them were under $10 which for someone who doesn't really know anything about skin care seems like a good deal.

 For the Face

Left to right: Garnier Dark Spot Corrector, Garnier Youthful Radiance Day Cream, Garnier Youthful Radiance Night Cream, Anatomicals Eye Cream
 I would recommend 3 basic items if your starting out with skin care:

A daytime moisturizer


This one is from Garnier and is the Youthful Radiance Day Cream, which is a lightweight daytime moisturizer, its not heavy on the skin whatsoever and sinks right in which makes it easier when applying makeup afterwards.

A night time moisturizer

Sometimes i'm too lazy in the mornings to apply moisturizer but I always remember to at night, it just makes your skin feel amazing and hydrated when you wake up. This one is the Garnier Youthful Radiance Night cream, its super heavy consistency means that it takes longer to absorb into the skin which is great for using over night. Note: I would not recommend putting this on before makeup as it basically will slide straight off your face which is not pretty!

An eye cream


I would also recommend an eye cream, while this isn't a super important step for me as I don't have any wrinkles its a preventative measure for the future! This one is from Anatomicals and is called Eye Cream You Scream We All Scream for Eye Cream (adorable name I know). It has a light weight formula which I enjoy applying right before bed.

Extras

I've also been using this Garnier Dark Spot Corrector just on any pigmentation on my skin, while I would not say that this is a must buy product it is nice to have something to help with any darkness you might have on your face!

 Face Wash/ Makeup Removers

Left to right: Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Makeup Remover, Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore Scrub

When it comes to face wash I seem to be a bit better in sticking to a routine, these two are both from the Neutrogena Naturals range which I have talked about before (see shower with me post). One is a makeup remover/cleanser and the other is a facial scrub. Both of these I use in the shower and seem to work wonders on my skin!

Left to right: Johnsons Face Care Daily Essentials Refreshing Facial Cleansing Wipes, Swisspers Cleansing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

I am the laziest person ever when it comes to removing my makeup at night time, and what does a lazy girl do when she doesn't want to wash her face? She uses makeup wipes! I have ones for the face which are the Johnsons Face Care Daily Essentials Refreshing Facial Cleansing Wipes. These are my favourite wipes of all time, unlike others these are thick and remover makeup easily in one swipe. For the eyes these Swisspers pads remover even stubborn eye liners and mascaras without having to tug on the eyes! I would highly recommend wipes for removing makeup if your like me and just can't be bothered with anything else.

For the Body

Anatomicals body Moisturizer, not another rough day please

There is no need to spend a tonne of money on a body moisturizer, this one from Anatomicals smells amazing and is super moisturizing and it was $4 from ASOS, it doesn't get any better then that. I would also recommend a body scrub, mine just ran out so I don't have one to show you but a scrub is nice for when your skin needs a bit of extra care.

Extras

Left to right: Nivea Lip Butter in Caramel Cream, Say it With Scent Green Tea Hand and Body Lotion

While these aren't entirely essential they are just nice items to have around incase you need them. A lip balm is always handy for those times when you get dry lips and the same goes with a hand cream, you just never know when you might need them!

So there are my skin care items for beginners! I hope this helps anyone who is as useless as I am when it comes to skin care

Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment