Friday 7 June 2013

What's On My Face: Weekend Edition

I thought I'd start a new little series on my blog called "What's On My Face" which is by no means an original idea but I really enjoy these kinds of posts. So to start off this mini series I decided to show you whats on my weekend face!


The Face

When the weekend rolls around I tend to spend more time on my skin care (even though I should be doing this regularly...) my makeup also tends to be little heavier then during the week, more shadows more base, basically more everything! The reason? I have more time! Also I try to apply my makeup in a way that can transition easily into makeup for a night out so that if someone decides to spring an event on me last minute I am always prepared!
So here are the products that I use when i'm getting ready for my weekend...

Prime Prime Prime!

Priming is a step that I usually skip during the week which is a major slap on the wrist for me I know...I know... but on the weekend I turn into a completely different person. I'm moisturizing, im using a primer I'm basically a skincare god! (just kidding...) I start by removing any excess makeup from my face using a face wipe, these Johnson's face care daily essentials ones are my all time favourite. I then go in with my Roc Hydra+ 3 en 1 moisturizer which is amazing for using under makeup as it melts into the skin quickly without leaving any stickiness on your face. Finally I apply my Porefessional primer by Benefit which smoothes out the skin leaving it prepped and ready for whatever you decide to layer on top!

Base!

I start by applying my Garnier Roll - On Anti-dark Circles  under my eyes and on any blemishes or skin discolouration that I might have just for some extra coverage, I then apply my foundation. My current foundation of choice is the Rimmel Match Perfection which gives a light enough coverage for me and lasts pretty much all day, mines in 081 Fair Ivory. I then use concealer under my eyes to cover up the lack of sleep that is visible there, this Healthy Mix anti -fatigue concealer is the one im using it isn't great but it does the trick! I powder the skin lightly with my Stay Matte powder my Rimmel in Transparent and then add a little colour back in with Benefits Hoola and Coralista. I then highlight my face using Revlons ClourStay finishing powder in Brighten.


For The Eyes!

To start off my eyes I fill in my brows using Macs Eye Brows in Fling. I'll prime my lids with the Smashbox photo finish lid primer, I then reach for the Naked Palettes. I use Naked from the original Naked palette all over the lid and then Tease from the Naked 2 in the crease and in the outer v for some extra definition. I then apply YDK in the inner corner for a bit of sparkle. Lashings of mascara then follow, my current obssession is the Bourjois Beautyfull Volume mascara!


Don't Forget the Lips!

I then apply the YSL Volupte Sheer Candy in number 8 all over the lips for a glossy finish!






So that is my weekend face! Hope you enjoyed 
Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment