Saturday 27 July 2013

Maybelline Color Whisper Review & Swatches

 The Maybelline Color Whispers have just hit the stores here in Australia, now these are something that I haven't really heard too much about so I really had no idea what I was expecting from them. I will say that they are a very light tinted balm, they are definitely not a lipstick even though they may look like them. They're more like Maybellines answer to the Revlon lip butter but with a bit less colour pay off. They have a nice scent, it's nothing special but it's not overpowering and offensive. These Color Whispers don't have the most amazing lasting power on the lips as then tend to melt away after a short while but they are definitely noticeable when applied.
The colour selection wasn't the greatest, a lot of really bright shades which I'm assuming is for the American Summer which is when they were released. However they all look like completely wearable shades. I only picked up two of them seeing as they were $15.98 and I wasn't too sure if I'd like them!
The first color I chose was the first one my eyes were drawn to, and that's the lilac one. It's number 90 Oh La Lilac and it's a very sheer purple colour that could pretty much be mistaken for a pink. It's really creamy and definitely more like a sheer balm then anything else.
The second colour that I chose was a bright pink shade, it's number 60 Petal Rebel and has a little bit more colour pay off then the lilac one however its not much more. This one is also very creamy and seems to have more shimmer in it then the lilac one
Left to right: Oh La Lilac, Petal Rebel 

Overall I don't know if I'd spend the $15 bucks on these again, I'm happy to have tried them but basically it's just a fancy tinted lip balm and if I wanted to spend a ton of money on one I'd buy the entire Korres Lipbalm collection.

Let me know if you've tried these and how you feel about them! 
Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment