Tuesday 3 September 2013

August Roundup

I don't have too many favourites for this month but I still thought I'd share the few items that I've been using a lot this month.

John Frieda Frizz Ease Heat Defeat Protective Styling Spray


I've never been one for protecting my hair when I style it, but this month I decided that it would be best for my hair if I invest in one. This one just happened to be on sale when I went to buy one and I like the rest of the John Frieda line so I figured that this one would be satisfactory. It is definitely more then satisfactory! It smells great, just like clean hair. It is also super hydrating on your hair, so I wouldn't spray this onto your roots as it will make your hair oily. I haven't noticed a huge difference in the health of my hair but too be honest I don't heat style my hair all that often. Overall a great hair product if your lacking in the heat protection department! 



Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Colour in Mint Sorbet


Spring is here in Australia which means I've broken out all my bright nail colours! This mint one was a favourite last spring/summer and its still one of my favourites now. I love the Sally Hansen polishes, they are really opaque and look perfect after two coats. This one is the perfect minty colour and looks amazing on any length nail.



Talavou Naturals Glo Powder

I got this Glo powder sample in my Bella Box this month, and for a sample its amazing. At first I was so confused as to what this powder actually is because its kind of greyish brown in the little tub. Once its applied to the skin it changes into a light bronzy glow that leaves the skin looking so healthy. I. Love. This. Product. It looks so great on my pale skin and isn't too dark or too muddy or too glowy its just perfect. I would definitely recommend checking this product out!


Benefits Coralista Blush

I bought this little packet of Coralist as it came in a little set with the Sun Beam Highlighter for like 15 bucks or something. This little sample is massive and has lasted me ages, I kind of wish that Benefit would release all of their box powders in this size just because then you could try them all, anyway... Coralist is a beautiful coral blush that has a sheen to it, its not shimmery or glittery even though in the pan it looks slightly glittery. When using this I don't find that I need a highlighter as this is a highlighter and blush all in one.


Garnier Intensive 7 dyas SOS Repairing Hand Balm

This month my hands have been really dry, especially around my finger nails. I picked this one up because it was cheap and it smells good! and so far its been amazing. It ticks all the boxes for a hand cream, its moisturizing tick, it smells great tick, and it sinks into the skin in no time tick tick tick.  


Purr by  Katy Perry

I have a strange obsession for small sized perfumes and when I saw Purr I didn't even hesitate and bought it. This perfume is such a nice smell, its warm but sweet and fruity. If you haven't smelt it before definitely go have a sniff because I'm sure you'll love it. This size is perfect for keeping in your bag and taking around with you, however the downside to small fragrances is that they run out so quickly and when I'm finished I need the full size! 



YSL Rouge Volupte in Number 12

I've done a full review of this lipstick so I wont talk about it too much, but it's definitely worth a mention as I've worn it on nights out a bunch this month. I just love the colour. Check out my full review for more details!








Onto the random favourites....

i-Power
My phone battery is rubbish, and if I'm out all day it will die at about lunch time. Which is the most frustrating thing on the planet. I decided to invest in one of these guys which is a portable charger that you just plug your phone into, the same as if you were putting a case on it. It has 2 full chargers in it so my phone never dies during the day! Its such a small thing but such a major help, plus it was only $13 bargain!



One Tree Hill

Firstly I would like to say that yes, I am late to the OTH party, but i'm here now and thats all that matters. Saying that I'm obsessed is an understatement, I cannot get enough of this show! I'm nearly finished season 8 and will be so upset when I finish the whole series because I love it so much. If you like the O.C and shows like that then you will love this one, that is if you haven't already watched it!




So theres my August Roundup! As always be sure to let me know what your favourites for the month are!
Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment