Saturday 7 September 2013

Rimmel Wake Me Up Anti Fatigue Effect + Radiant Glow Concealer - Review & Swatch

A new launch here in Australia is the Wake Me Up concealer from Rimmel. We've had the foundation for a while but never the concealer which makes no sense to me. I've never been a fan of the foundation if i'm honest, I find it way to shimmery on my face and instead of looking glowy and healthy it just looks like i'm Edward Cullen and I've stepped out into the sun.

When I saw the concealer version I figured that the brightness and radiance found in the foundation would be a lot better suited to under the eyes and I was sort of right.
It's definitely just as sparkly as the foundation, which is still something I don't understand am I the only one who doesn't like massive chunks of glitter anywhere on my face!? However I will say that it doesn't look too bad if you use it sparingly just under the eyes. While it is targeted for under they eyes it also says that you can use it on blemishes, which I do not recommend doing as it leaves glittery dots all around your face.

As far as coverage goes it does have pretty good under eye power, its a medium consistency, its not too thick but its also not thin and is also quite smooth. I wouldn't say its the best I've ever used but if you don't have very problem under eye circles then this might work better for you. It also has quite good lasting power, I didn't find that I needed to touch it up at all throughout the day.

It only comes in three shades, light, medium and dark and as you can see the lightest shade isn't that light at all as are most "light" shades from the drugstore. Which isn't that great but its what I expected from a drugstore brand.

Overall its not bad for $9, but I don't think i'll be repurchasing it purely because of the glitter factor.

Have you used this concealer and how did you find it?
Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment