Monday 9 September 2013

Nail of the Day - China Glaze's Shocking Pink

 Now that the weather is starting to warm up here in Australia, I've started to break out all my bright nail colours. This one is the brightest I own and as the name suggests it is literally a neon 'shocking pink' colour.
 As far as application goes this is one of the worst polish formulas that I own. It takes at least 4-5 coats to get the truly opaque colour that I would want. However I will say that each coat dries really quickly so applying that many layers isn't difficult. A top coat is a must for me when using this polish as it is 100% matte, if you like matte polishes then you probably don't need a top coat but I prefer a bit of shine on my nails so I use one.
 The lasting power on this polish also isn't great, but I blame that on having to apply 5 coats the more coats you apply the easier the polish will chip or peal off.
Overall I couldn't care less about how much I dislike the formula of this polish, the colour alone is worth the hassle it takes to apply it.

Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment