Wednesday 18 September 2013

Easy, No Heat, Beachy Waves!


I love beachy looking hair, and for a long time I thought the only way that I could acheive that look was by using a heat styling tool. However after seeing tutorials everywhere for no heat styles I've realised that there are heaps of ways to achieve this look, so I've taken them all in and adapted them to fit my hair.

So here goes...

You will need, bobby pins, a heat protectant (we're not using this for heat protection though), sea salt spray and hairspray!

Step 1. Separate your hair into two sections. If you have more hair then I do you might want to Separate your hair into 3 or even for sections.

Step 2.  Starting with one section spray a small amount of heat protectant lightly over the hair, this will help the hair set later. Then spray your hair with your salt spray. Try and find one that has some hold to it, that way the waves will hold their shape. 



Step 3. Begin twisting the section of hair, twisting away from the face. Make sure that its twisted all the way down to the ends and is tight  before you begin twisting it into the bun.

Step 4. Spray the twist with more sea salt spray


Step 5. Twist hair around on itself, still making sure to twist away from the face. Create these small buns and secure the ends as well as possible with bobby pins. The reason i've used pins and not hair elastics is that I find elastics to leave a weird kink in the hair, which you don't get when using pins. 




Step 6. Spray the bun with some more spray, and finish with hair spray.

Repeat the process with the other sections...


I tend to leave mine in for as long as possible, usually while im putting my makeup on and getting ready. Ideally you would leave these in for over an hour to get the full effect the longer they're in, the better the wave! 


 35 minutes later....

I left mine in while I did my makeup and got ready for the day which was around 35 minutes, after that time I just released the buns!






 Once you kind of mess them up your left with these soft natural looking beachy waves, obviously the longer you leave them in the more wavey your hair will be.





Let me know if you try this out!
Elizabeth xx


No comments:

Post a Comment