Saturday 9 November 2013

Max Factor Colour Elixir Giant Pen Stick Review & Swatches


The whole lip pencil trend is something that has been going around the beauty world for quiet some time now, and the idea has always intrigued me. A balm like pen that has the pigmentation of a lipstick? Yes Please. However here in Aus these items tend to be just as pricey as a lipstick which has always made me hesitant to buy them...then I saw these offerings from MaxFactor. At only $2.95 a piece I figured why the heck not! (These usually retail for $9+ I got them on some random Priceline sale)

Vibrant Pink


The first of the four colours I chose was Vibrant Pink, this little guy is amazing, it is so creamy and moisturising yet has such great pigmentation.


The photo does not do it justice it looks a lot more like the colour on the swatch on my hand then it does on my lips, its truly a bright pink which will be perfect for the warmer months!

Couture Blush

Couture blush is more of a pale pinky nude colour, great for everyday wear and it is definitely my most worn colour out of the bunch. It goes on super creamy and fades really nicely throughout the day

Designer Blossom

I was really excited when I saw this colour because it looked like such a great red colour. However when I applied it I was actually very disappointed.  It is incredibly sheer, more like a tinted lip balm then a lipstick. Not really sure if this one will get much use because it is just way too sheer for my liking

Intense Plum

Intense plum is the worst of the bunch, for some reason it is way too creamy in texture, its almost soft like a body butter and smudges everywhere. You can tell from the swatch on my hand how thick it goes on and I wasn't even pushing the pen down hard on my skin.

When it goes on the lip it almost sits on top of the skin in a really strange way and as you can tell from the image looks horrible. It was so difficult to use and felt so terrible on my lips that I couldn't wait to remove it. It also has some strange gold shimmer through it, something else I'm not a fan of.

Have you tried these pens before? Or are there any similar products on the market that you think I should try?
 Elizabeth xx

No comments:

Post a Comment