Friday 6 December 2013

How to: Santa Hat Nails


Hello everyone, Happy Holidays! This little tutorial is a really simple really cute little nail art design that is seriously so simple and easy to create that anyone can do it. Its basically just a little accent nail that looks like a santa hat! I suggest playing your favourite Christmas album Justin Bieber Under The Mistletoe is currently blaring from my laptop and get all the supplies and start having some fun with your nails!

So you will need...


A base coat, a red polish of your choice, a white polish of your choice, a top coat, scissors and tape!


Start by applying your base coat to your nails.


Then apply however many coats of red polish it takes till yours is opaque on all your nails except the one you want to have your little hat on, I did mine on my ring fingers but you can do yours wherever you wish.


Then your going to cut two little pieces of your tape and apply them to your nail so that you make a triangle shape. I find that placing one piece on a diagonal from the center of the nail works the easiest for me, and then I apply the other piece exactly the same on the other side. Im then going to apply a coat of the red polish over the top of that.


Then your going to peel the tape carefully off revealing the little triangle shape left behind! Don't worry if its a little messy on the sides, just remove the imperfections with polish remover I know I had to..

Then using your white polish we are going to start making the little dots that are the white trimming on the top and the bottom of the santa hat.


So starting with the top, using just the brush that came with the polish or a dotting tool if you wish I prefer the brush it makes the white almost look fluffy, which is closer to the actual Santa Hat, just make a small dot at the point of the hat
Then we're going to add three small dots on the base of the triangle, same as we did for the pom pom top!

Once your done it should look something like this... Cute hey!


Then apply your top coat just to seal in the hat and make it last all the way to Christmas!
Hope you enjoyed and let me know if your try this out! and I hope you all have a Merry Christmas and listen to the Biebs Christmas album as much as possible because I know I will haha



















No comments:

Post a Comment