Saturday 29 March 2014

March Roundup


I have a bunch of new favourites this month as well as one old favourite. This month I've been spending way too much on beauty products, purely because there have been so many sales and so many new releases that I just couldn't resist! So onto the products

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

I was super keen to try this new product from Garnier, purely because it is supposed to be a dupe for the Bioderma cleansing water which is ridiculously expensive in Australia. This to me is pretty much the same as the Bioderma minus the ridiculous price tag. It removes all my eye makeup and face makeup well enough that if I'm having a lazy day I wont even properly cleanse my face after. The fact that its fragrance free makes it really soothing on the skin and is a total winner in my books

Garnier Moisture Match Illuminating Light Lotion



 Another Garnier product that I've been loving is this new Illuminating Lotion. It is so gorgeous on the skin, leaving you with a subtle glow it is not shiny or glittery like some other illuminating products that I own. I apply this below my foundation fave of the month see below to add some more life into my skin. Its also really nice for those no makeup days where your skin is looking a little dull and you just want a little pick me up. On the downside this is meant to be a light lotion, however it takes a little time to absorb into the skin so I wouldn't recommend it if your in a hurry. This also comes in three other types, one for dry skin, one for oily, and one for combination which is fantastic as there is one for everyone!

Nude By Nature Mineral Cover Foundation.

 I have been obsessed with this mineral foundation this month. I never fully understood how a powder could actually stick to your face and give you any form of coverage but this stuff really works!. I've been using my kabuki brush to apply it quickly over my skin and to really buff it in, and it gives me the coverage I want in a fraction of the time it would take to apply a liquid product. It also doesn't feel powdery on the skin which is something I was expecting, it feels just like skin which is exactly what I could have wanted. The only downside is that it can be a tad dull but teamed up with the garnier illuminating lotion its perfect.

Naked Palette


I've been showing my Naked palette some major love this month, in particular the Sidecar shade which I just apply over my entire lid and just blend it out. The only issue I have with some of these is that they are super shimmery, so much so that the fall out from the glitter is insane so I have to do my eyes first in order to literally re cleanse my skin from all the glitter.

Macs Heroine 

 Heroine is a re release from Mac which launched this month, it is the most gorgeous purple shade of matte lipstick that I have ever come across. Its also incredibly wearable which I didn't really expect but it looks great whether applied fully opaque or just dabbed on the lips.

Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer 

This is by no means a new product but it is one that I've never tried before. Its meant to be a dup for the YSL touche eclat, having not tried that product I can't really compare the two however this one is pretty good. Its really highlighting for under the eyes and to use on the high points of your face. I've been applying it with the applicator brush it comes with then blending it in with a damp sponge!



No comments:

Post a Comment