Sunday 13 April 2014

Hair Care Routine



When it comes to low maintenance I feel like I'm an advocate for the lesser the better. I'm hopeless when It comes to maintaining any sort of routine, I'll stick to it for 4 days then completely forget about it. So when it comes to things that need a routine I have to make it easy and simple, and the simplest routine that I have has got to be my hair care one!


This routine starts in the shower with the Wella Pro Serioes Repair and Moisture shampoo and conditioner, together these work miracles on my hair, leaving it easy to manage and super soft. If I need an extra moisture boost I'll use the Give Me Moisture conditioner which is a holy grail product in my hair care routine. If your hair is really dry give this a go, it seriously changed my hairs life!


Once out of the shower I spritz in some heat protection mist, even if I'm not blow-drying or using heat it just leaves it even more moisturised plus it smells nice! I then pump in one hand full of the smoothing detangler which just makes brushing through my hair so much easier. Both of these products are from Toni&Guy which are super affordable. 

Lastly I apply the only thing that matters in my routine at all. If I had to get rid of all my hair products and only keep one this would be the one i'd keep. The Aveda Dry Remedy daily moisturizing oil is the most amazing product ever. It literally removes and dryness from your hair but doesn't leave it feeling oily like other hair oils (morrocan oil is another that I've tried and it leaves your ends feeling greasy, the reason being that its silicon based so it sits on top of the hair instead of absorbing in, this Aveda one really absorbs in). I put 4-7 drops into the ends of my hair, whatevers left on my hands after that I massage it through the rest of my hair, which was something I was worried about purely because its an oil, but It doesn't leave anything feeling oily! Then I just chuck my wet hair into a bun or a braid and I'm done!

That was my hair care routine, what are your holy grail hair care items?


No comments:

Post a Comment