Thursday 10 April 2014

How I Remove My Makeup - Nighttime

After a long day of wearing makeup the last thing I want to do is faff around with a million different products in order to remove whatever has made its way onto my skin during the day. Keeping all this in mind I feel like I've found the ultimate makeup remover, one that doesn't require any effort!
 The first thing I do when I know I'm going to be removing my makeup is chuck on my pyjamas. These adorable little guys are from Peter Alexander and are the cutest thing I own. I then throw my hair up into some sort of a top knot, I'm not fussed how it looks whatsoever I simply want to get my hair out of my face.
 I then grab the makeup remover in question. The Body Shops Camomile Sumptuous Cleansing Butter is the nicest cleanser that I've ever used. Its the only cleaner that I've ever used that doesn't strip all the moisture out of my skin, leaving it dry and irritated. Instead it leaves it feeling moisturised and nourished which is exactly what I was looking for in a cleanser.
 I simply take a little scoop of the butter and dot it all over my face. Making sure that my face is completely dry. So simple...
 I then using dry hands, this is very important massage the butter into my skin. It turns from being that whipped consistency into an oil which feels amazing on the skin. Its also amazing for removing eye makeup as it doesn't sting whatsoever. I have gotten more of this in my eyes then I probably have on my face not really but it feels like it and the only thing that happens is that it makes your eyes a little foggy but there is no sting at all! It does leave you with a racoon/panda eye look which is always gorgeous, but its for a good result!
 I then take whatever flannel cloth that I can find in my bathroom, this one here is a Tan Go mitt which is usually made for removing tan from your body which it does amazingly by the way but it works really well on the face at removing the cleanser and the makeup.
And then your left with a makeup free super soft feeling face! The great thing about this cleanser is that if you be bothered to follow up with a full on skin care you don't really need to! It has enough moisture in it to act as a moisturiser for those lazy nights when you just want your makeup gone from your face!


No comments:

Post a Comment