Friday 30 May 2014

May Favourites


Another month has flown by and all I'm left with are a bunch of products that I have been obsessing over. A pretty random bunch of stuff this month, some old and some new so lets get into the roundup!

Mac Lipstick in Creme D'Nude


I've only recently discovered that this is one of those lip colours that girls stay away from because of the whole "foundation lips" thing. Which kind of made me feel slightly awkward about loving it so much. However, on me it doesn't looks like foundation at all. Its the perfect nude shade for my skin tone! Maybe that just makes me really pale which is just sad but I do really love this shade on me it just completes any look that I may be wearing and just makes everything look a little more put together.

Zoeva 28 Nudes Palette


This is a new purchase for me this month and lets all take a moment of silence to just look at how amazing the colour selection in this guy are. *pauses for admiration* This palette is just amazing and has every nude colour you could ever need. It even has one weird pink colour that may look like blush in the pan but is actually a really gorgeous shimmery light shade that I've been using all over the lid. The pigmentation however isn't something to twist and shout about however for the price of the palette I wasn't expecting miracle holy grail eye shadows. It does the job and does it well.

Sleek Contouring Kit in Light


I've been looking into contouring kits for a while now and decided to just bite the bullet and get one that wasn't too expensive in case I had a complete fail whilst using it and then regretted spending so much money. This incredible affordable one from Sleek does exactly what I wanted. It has a dark matte brown that is the perfect shade for lighter skin tones. You only need a tiny amount of this as it is so incredibly pigmented and you just blend it out under the cheekbone for some definition! The highlighter isn't so bad either which is a bonus as I only really wanted to contouring colour, definitely worth checking out!

Smashbox Eye Shadow Brush


This brush is the best blending brush I've ever used to date. You can tell how fluffy it is in the picture and it is just so soft and nice when using it on the eyes. This one is the double ended brush that came with the Full Exposure Palette another major favourite of mine and is one that I disregarded until I decided to wash my usual eye brushes and this was the only dry one left. It was like fate telling me to use this little guy and thank you fate because I haven't stopped!

Elf Daily Brush Cleaner


It's cheap. It smells nice. It works really well. It drys quickly. That is all you need to know about this spot cleaner. Literally it cleans your brushes really well for something so cheap and I am super impressed with this. If your in need of something to just spot clean your brushes check this one out form elf!

Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser


This is one of those products that I call "Forget Me Not" products. The products that you love when you first buy them and then they end up in the back of your draws lost for a few months then you find them again and its like you've been reunited with your long lost love except probably not that dramatic. This concelear is so good at covering up dark circles, like the product says it just erases them. If you haven't seen the millions of people talking about how amazing this is then where have you been?! Go try it and thank me later. 

There you have it! Another month, another roundup.



No comments:

Post a Comment