Wednesday 21 May 2014

Michael Kors Medium Selma Satchel Review


Something incredibly exciting happened to me today, and the first thing I wanted to do when it happened was to tell you guys about it! I have been on the hunt for a Michael Kors Selma Satchel in black in the medium size for nearly a year. I have not been successful in my hunt and last month I pretty much gave up on my search. The larger size and the smaller sizes are everywhere but this size was just no where to be found! 
This morning I needed to run some errands which involved me heading to my nearest shopping centre. For some reason I decided to head into David Jones a department store that I rarely go into and I saw the Michael Kors stand...and on that stand hiding behind all the other bags was this little guy. THE BAG OF MY DREAMS. I have no idea what made me go into the store or what made me look at the bags but I believe that it was fate enough of the dramatics and onto the actual bag!


The bag itself is the Medium Selma Satchel in the black saffiano leather. It is gorgeous and is exactly the type of bag I have been looking for. The quality of this bag is incredible. I've never owned a proper designer handbag before so holding this bag just feels different from all the other cheaper bags that I own.

 The reason I wanted this size is because it is large enough to be an everyday purse but it is also small enough to take on nights out or during the evening without being this huge bag that I have to lug around with me. It comes with top handle which I adore but it also comes with an adjustable shoulder strap, this makes it super practical for everyday use.
 The hardware that comes with this bag is gold. As far as i'm aware its the only colour that comes with all of the Selma bags but I could be wrong. The black and the gold together just looks really classic and classy and even though I tend to wear more silver things I really like the gold that is on this bag.

 This bag set me back exactly $420 Australian dollars it still hurts a little to think about paying that much for something I had been saving up for this bag for a while so when I found it if i ever found it I would simply be able to purchase it. I work really hard to be able to buy things that I want to but in saying that I don't buy expensive things all the time, I don't really buy expensive things at all to be honest. This bag will be the last "bag" purchase for a long time as it is all I will need for a really long time.

A "Whats In My Bag?" featuring this beauty will be coming soon so stay tuned for that!





No comments:

Post a Comment