Friday 23 May 2014

Proenza Schouler for MAC

I was really excited when I hear that Proenza and MAC would be bringing out a collaboration collection. I was even more excited when I saw the packaging that the collection was coming in. I only picked up two items from the collection purely because MAC is so expensive over here in Australia and I decided to restrain myself from buying everything which I'm glad that I did.


The first item that I picked up was this ombre blush in the shade Ocean City. Its a gorgeous tan/bronzey colour that melts into a warm peach. I was super excited about this product because of how gorgeous it looks on the outside and on the inside.
I am however slightly disappointed with it. It is incredibly sheer when applied, even the warm peachy shade which looks super bright in the palette comes off really sheer. As you can see on my hand, you can barely see the product and thats when i've dragged my finger across it trying to get as much colour pay off as possible. The bronzey shade at the top is exactly the same. Looks amazing in the packaging but then applies really sheerly on the skin.
The one lip colour that really stood out to me was Primrose. It was described as a sheer berry plum which sounded amazing on the website but again was slightly disappointing.
I was expecting more of a sheer lipstick and not so much of a tinted balm, which is pretty much what it is. The swatch on my hand is after applying 5-6 coats which is a lot when you think about applying that on the lips. It also doesn't apply evenly at all and is really patchy when it goes on. So overall its not my favourite product that I own but its not terrible either.

I'm slightly underwhelmed with these products purely because I had such high expectations and because I was really excited to this collection launching. Did you buy anything from this collection? How did you feel about it? I would love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment