Sunday 22 June 2014

A Change In Career - I'm Going To The Makeup Academy! - A Quickie Post



One thing you probably don't know about me is that I am currently not in University even though I'm 21 years old and very well could be. The truth is, when I left school I had a very clear idea of what I wanted to do with my life or so I thought. That career path was down the social work/justice/law way. Boy was I incredibly wrong. You see at 16, when we had to choose our subjects you have no idea what the real world is like and you hear all these things from people older then you about what you should be doing and because you are so young you listen to them because thats what you've been doing your entire life. The career path that everyone told me to go down was the social work one, which turns out after two half completed degrees and endless worrying, was just not for me. It is really emotionally draining and that is just not for me. All my lecturers just looked so tired and weren't completely selling me on life as a social worker. I wanted to do something fun, and as childish as that sounds it's what I'm going to pursue.

This brings me onto where I'm headed now. Throughout both half degrees that I started and never finished one thing stayed the same. I watched beauty videos and read beauty blogs. Researching all the newest releases from beauty brands and learning everything I could about the beauty industry. From all of this I.G.S.N was born and I have loved every minute of writing this blog. The only thing that I lack when it comes to this industry is professional training and a degree! So what am I going to do? WHAT I SHOULD HAVE DONE ALL ALONG! I'm going to beauty school! The Makeup Academy to be precise here in Melbourne! I am so incredibly excited to start on my new career path with the hopes of becoming a professional makeup artist at the end!!

The point of this post was not just to share my excitement but to also say that you need to "do you" don't let others tell you what career you should follow or what you have to do with your life. Also that it is completely okay to have no clue what you want to do when you're a teenager, because I'm 21 and I'm still figuring it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment