Tuesday 24 June 2014

Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvets Review

These little guys are a new release here in Australia, they've been out for a few weeks but I hesitated in purchasing them because when they first launched they were $24 a pop. Which makes me slightly angry because I could spend an extra $10 and get a Mac lipstick. For some reason I compare all prices to Mac prices I don't know why. Anyway the reason that I bought these two was because Priceline had them on offer for $10 each!! So I got two!


The colours that I got are number 6 Pink Pop and number 3 Hot Pepper. They have a few other colours but they didn't really appeal to me as much as these ones did. 

They are supposed to be a liquid lipstick type thing, the packaging says "Light texture, extreme comfort and 24 hour hold" and I have to say that with these two colours they are 100% right. They go on so super opaque which is amazing, and they aren't liquidy at all which makes them really easy to apply as they don't slide all over the place. They are almost creamy but kind of thick at the same time, its really hard to explain! The applicator is a doe foot applicator with a tapered end so it makes it really easy to get the shape of your lips without having to use a lip brush.


Another massive plus for these is that they do last a really long time, not really sure if they last 24 hours because I haven't worn one for that long don't know if I ever would. But in the time that I did have it on I could tell that they weren't going to dry out my lips at all, even after a few hours they still had a creamy texture to them which is really nice on the lips as it isn't sticky at all. They aren't transfer proof though a simple kiss on the back of my hand left a lip print, however it didn't seem to remove any product from my lips as they still looked exactly the same!

Hot Pepper


Pink Pop



No comments:

Post a Comment