Sunday 1 February 2015

The Everyday Face



Doing my makeup recently has felt like a chore and maybe that's because I've been doing the same thing all the time. So I decided to have a major switch up. Switch up of products, colours and techniques to make doing my everyday routine slightly more exciting.

Base

So I start with Mac Face and Body which I apply with my hands as it works the product better onto the skin as opposed to a brush. Then I go in spot concealing wherever I need it with me Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer.  I then use my Mac Prep and Prime BB Compact in Amber as a cream bonzer and can I just say how obsessed I am with this product!! I don't know how I was using powder products for so long when this just looks so natural and so flawless on the skin. It is the perfect shade for my skin tone and has no orange in it whatsoever so its just a natural glow. I'm obsessed. I haven't been powdering my base because Face and Body doesn't leave my skin feeling tacky or wet so I just avoid powdering it all together it also will not go matte no matter how much you powder it so theres no point wasting powder on it!

Cheeks

For my cheeks I have been forcing myself to use blush, and yes I say forcing because using blush for me is not something I normally do. I have a lot of pink and red in my cheeks so I avoid blush at all cost. This blush by Milani in Luminoso is perfect for me as it doesn't come off too pink on my cheeks instead it just creates a kind of peachy glow which I love. I then apply a little of my Hourglass highlighter on my cheekbones for some added glow.

Brows + Eyes

My brow products have stayed the same even though the shape of them hasn't. I've been filling them in a little straighter then I used to which I am currently loving. For my shadows I have been using my Gorgeous Cosmetics Essential Shade Palette so much because it has a range of neutral browns and a matte black which are really easy to use and create any looks. 

Lips

Nude lip/gloss has been my go to and this one from Maybelline in Nude illusion is perfect for everday wear, plus it is super moisturising so my lips don't dry out throughout the day!






No comments:

Post a Comment